Sunday, December 6, 2009

#63: Complete 5 DIY projects (wherein the author does a happy dance)

In the ongoing attempt to finish decorating our living room, I've been trying to add more colour and pattern to the room. I'm happy we chose neutral/solid prints for our couches (which are more permanent), but it means that the room can look a little plain without some pops of pattern in accent items.

One place I really want to add this accent is in the pillows on our couch. I picked up this fabric last time I was in Hamilton, and although I was originally planning on using it to recover a lampshade, I decided it would work better as a pillow cover.

I'm really happy I made this choice, since I think it looks fabulous! I'm really happy with the result, and even have leftover fabric to make another cover or use somewhere else. This is the first of at least 4 pillows that need to be made, but I think it's a great start.

Directions are here: http://sewing.about.com/od/freeprojects/ss/envelopepillow.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment