Sunday, April 12, 2009

103 days in...

So, I'm now 103 days into this process. According to the schedule, that puts me at 2 "things" behind, assuming I'm doing 1 every 10 days. I'm not overly concerned by this however, because I have several "things" that have been started (the quilt, AFI movies, perfecting casseroles, decorating the bedroom and living room, etc.) so I feel that there will inevitably be a bunch that get wrapped up around the same time.

I thought I would post this update thought to just put into words my thoughts about how the first 100 days have gone. I am loving this process: there are already so many activities that I would never have gotten around to beginning (or finishing!) if I didn't have the feeling of this blog breathing down my neck. They're mostly things that I have thought a lot about doing over the past few month or years (reading the LoTR trilogy and A Brave New World, developing a chore schedule, having fresh flowers in the house, trying new restaurants) but that I've never seemed to get around to accomplishing. I can only hope that this blog continues to compel me to get off my rear and put more of these idle daydreams into action.

I'm also enjoying having some people participate in this with me. I know of two other people who have begun their own 101 things list, and it's exciting to have others to share this experience with. And I really appreciate that there are other people reading this blog (we've been averaging 50 unique viewers per week), which is helping to hold me accountable for finishing this list. As I said from the beginning, my hatred for blogging has been overshadowed by my need for a mechanism for shaming me into following through on this.

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone who's been nice enough to indulge me by reading this blog a little update and a promise that there will be a bunch of new "things" getting crossed off the list in the next few weeks. Thanks for continuing to hold my feet to the fire!

1 comment:

  1. You've been doing really well, Emily! I know exactly what you mean when you say you are motivated by wanting to cross something off. (And it's hard on us procrastinators...)

    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete